Faculty of Land Resources and Agricultural Environment (FLRAE) was established on 21/01/2005 with Decision No. 35/QD-DHH-TCNS of President of Hue University by merging the Department of Soil Science & Fertilizer (founded in 1967) and Department of Land Management (founded in 1998).
2. ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE, STAFFS
2.1. The organizational structure
- Dean of faculty: Dr. Nguyen Huu Ngu
- Faculty includes 4 Departments and 1 Center: Department of Land Planning & Economics, Department of Geodesy and Mapping, Department of Environment & Resources Management, Department of Land Information Technology and Center for Resources and Sustainable Development.
To 2015, the number of staffs of faculty is 34, including 32 lecturers, 2 researchers.
Qualification of staff: 97% staffs have post-graduate degree including 2 Associate Professors, 5 Ph.D, 21 MSc, 6 Bachelors.
3. TRAINING PROGRAMS
- Doctor degree: Land Management
- Master degree: Land Management
- Undergraduate degree: Land Management, Soil Science.
* Major of Land Management includes 4 specialities: Land Management, Real Estate Market Management, Cadastre – Urban Management, Cadastral Geodesy.
* Major of Soil Science includes 2 specialities: Soil Science and Soil Environment.
- University transition programme: Land Management
- Part-time course: Land Management
- College level: Land Management
4. SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH
FLRAE has been transferring many of technology and scientific research results to localities in Central of Vietnam with appreciation of local government, such as land use planning in communes of Quang Binh, Thua Thien – Hue, Quang Nam province; land use planning for agricultural farm in Quang Dien district, Thua Thien – Hue province; building map of soil adapting evaluation serving land use planning in Hai Lang, Cam Lo, Dakrong district, Quang Tri province; building process of balance fertilizing for peanut, vegetables, paddy on main soil types in Thua Thien – Hue, Quang Binh, Quang Nam province; planning the Dakrinh hydropower induced resettlement areas in Son Tay district, Quang Ngai province; transferring paddy land data to Phu Thanh and Phu My communes, Phu Vang district, Thua Thien – Hue province; transferring 3D data of Hoi An ancient to Hoi An city, Quang Nam province; transferring the process of new rural plan adjustment to communes of Thua Thien-Hue province; transferring risk map of flood and drought to Dai Loc district, Quang Nam province.
5. BUILDING OF STAFFS
At present, 7 staffs of FLRAE are Ph.D candidates in Germany and Japan. 6 staffs are attending PhD, Master courses in Vietnam. The plan of FLRAE to 2019, there will be 100% of staffs have post-graduate qualification.
6. INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
Until now, the FLRAE has been cooperated to many prestigious universities over the world such as Greisfwald, Gottingen University in Germany; Kyoto, Komazawa, Okayama, Tohoku University in Japan; Nanyang University in Singapore.
7. OTHER SECTORS
The FLRAE includes not only departments but also has a Center for Resources and Sustainable Development (CRSD). CRSD focus on researching, consulting training activities, technology and scientific activities; CRSD has also cooperated to partners to research on natural resources management and climate change.
8. HONOR AWARDS
01 III level labor medal by the President of Viet Nam, 01 merit from the Prime Minister, 3 merits of the Minister of Education and Training, 1 merit of the Minister of Natural Resources and Environment, 1 merit of President of Quang Binh Provivce, 1 merit of President of Quang Tri Province, 1 merit of President of Thua Thien-Hue Province, 2 merits of Education Trade Union và 1 merit of the Vietnam General Confederation of Labour.